Solar powered with a battery back-up, this solar kit is perfect for converting medium sized fountains to solar or creating a pond fountain. This solar pump kit features a battery back up so it will run after the sun goes down or on cloudy days.
It is designed for a outdoor fountain, pond or water reservoir. The solar panel powers the pump and charges the battery by converting sunlight into electricity powering the fountain.
Allows your fountain to function in strong sunlight, weak sunlight or cloudy weather. The included LED light gives you just the right light at night as well.
Dry run protection pump will automatically turn pump off when the water level gets too low or runs out to avoid burn out of the pump. Water flow is 211 GPH This pump can operate on solar and battery power when set to the on position.
In good sunlight conditions, the pump will be powered by solar energy. In addition, the battery pack will be recharged via solar energy. If it is a cloudy day or night time the battery will automatically run the pump.
If fully charged, the batteries will power the pump for up to 4 hours. When the batteries are depleted, the system will automatically switch to be powered by the solar panel, and the pump will resume running when the sun come out.
The battery generally lasts between 12-18 months, but with repeated charges and discharge cycles the battery will become less efficient and battery capacity may reduce. If the battery does appear less efficient you may try and boost charge it.
In order to boost charge the battery you must leave off for 2-3 sunny days to allow maximum charge to the battery. If the boost charge does not help the battery than you will need to replace it. This kit comes with two 16′ cables for the pump and LED light to connect to the solar panel.
Features of this solar pump and panel kit:
• Pump size: 4.5″ long x 2.5″ high by 2″ wide; Solar panel size: 14″H x 12″ W x 1″ Thick
• 12-18V DC Brushless Pump with 16′ cable
• 2 different fountain spray heads and 3 extension tubes are included
• Needs direct sunlight to run during day and store energy in battery pack. Fully stored energy in battery pack will run pump for up to 4 hours.
• 10W Solar Panel with ground spike
• Battery generally lasts between 12-18 months
• LED light turns on/off at night automatically
• 1 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty.
• Operate in freshwater only
• Never connect the pump to any AC voltage power, it is intended ONLY for DC voltage